- Provide reference and readers’ advisory assistance
- Participate in the collection development process by maintaining budget, selecting, and weeding materials in assigned area
- Arrange and host programs of interest to the community
- Assist patrons with submitting interlibrary loan requests
- Provide instruction on the Library’s digital offerings and e-sources
- Develop and take part in outreach activities
- Stay current regarding library technology and trends
- Master’s in Library Science
- At least one year of experience in a public library
- Open-minded and flexible team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling library matters
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- AMust be able to travel to offsite meetings and places in the community for outreach
Salary / Hours
- $22.86 - $25.48/hour, negotiable depending on qualifications
- Full-time, non-exempt, 37.5 hours/week
- Days, evenings, and every other weekend
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plan
- Participation in IMRF
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday benefits
Position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Before You Apply
- Download and save the application before proceeding to fill it out instead of completing it within your web browser.
- Use the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the application. Mac and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe's website.
- The application form will not work properly with Mac Preview.
To apply for an open position:
- Complete a BPLD Employment Application (4 pp, 427 KB)
- Email your BPLD Employment Application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer