- Provide reference and readers’ advisory assistance
- Assist patrons with submitting interlibrary loan requests
- Assist patrons with reserving study rooms
- Provide instruction on the Library’s digital offerings and e-sources
- Assist with programs of interest to the community
- Stay current regarding library technology and events
- Associate’s Degree or Library Technical Assistant (LTA) Certificate
- Library experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Ability to learn, adapt, and adopt new technology
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Part-time, non-exempt, 14 hours/week
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings
- Vision Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds
- The job is performed in a typical office environment and includes interaction with the public in a library setting
Position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Before You Apply
- DO NOT complete the application using MAC Preview.
- DO NOT complete the application online within your web browser using a built-in PDF viewer.
- Use the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete the application. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe's website.
- Download and save the application before proceeding to fill it out.
To apply for an open position:
- Complete a BPLD Employment Application (4 pp, 427 KB)
- Upload your BPLD Employment Application, resume, and cover letter through the Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity Employer